Sorry the blog posts have been so few this week. Things have been busy here. Today’s post is a weekly roundup with things we’re loving now. Hope you have a great weekend!
- Don’t forget to mark your calendars for our Oct. 28th event: Translating Fall Trends. It’s going to be very informative and fun. We’ll be welcoming Susie Weiss and Olga Kamova, expert image consultants
- Bandage skirts. Yes, wear them tight and short, ladies.
- New in the store this week: Lily & Jae. Thermal patch knee leggings, blanket coat and scarves, and a super comfy warm flannel houndstooth shirt.
- Scariest movie ever to celebrate Halloween is Ringu. I can’t link to it on IMDB because it’s too scary for me to see and read about right now.
- Only 2 pairs left of the Rachel Comey Clipper boots. Size 7 and 9 available. But they run about a half size small, so order up.
- Come see the new styles of the Karen Walker eyewear. They’re really cool.
- Camel and beige. Isn’t that outfit amazing? The sweater is the exact color of the Lover one we have in store.
- Skinny jeans rolled up
- Mini skirts and loafers
- White clothes racks
- Lots and lots of rings
- Gurkee Rope Sandals
- Josh Podoll hemp tees
- Toberua, Fiji
- Ivory lace dresses
- Shorts and oversized tops
- Navy, black and red for Summer; ivory ice blue, camel for Winter
Photo: rings – luluandyourmom
French illustrator and photographer Garance Doré captures beautiful, stylish women from all over the world on her blog. I remember seeing this image on her site a while ago and loving how eclectic and unique a simple denim shirt can look, depending on how one wears it:
Even though denim tops have been all over the place for months now, there’s still a stigma attached to them, as if they can’t be fashionable. Let’s face it—you don’t see many cowboys in Menlo Park, so I think you can safely call the trend your own. This Paul & Joe Sister button-down looks cool with just about anything—you can also leave it unbuttoned, sort of like a jacket over a T-shirt or a tank top. Garance Doré always knows best. Très chic, no?
Paul & Joe Sister Blackboy Top (139), French Kande 32” Single Chain Necklace (169), Gabriela Artigas Wolf Headband, worn as necklace (80)
* Vampire Weekend
* Denim, chambray and light wash finishes for jeans
* Nashelle initial rings
* Flat ankle boots or ballet flats
* Long hair, no sign of bangs
* Caesar salad
* Home by Tom Dixon
* Watching The Tudors on Netflix
* I heart my Mac